11 Complete and Graduate from the Florida Certified Election Professionals (FCEP) Program
June 18, 2013
For more information contact:
Lori Edwards, FSASE President
Lakeland, FL-Lori Edwards, President of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections, is pleased to announce eleven elections administrators have been designated as a Master Florida Certified Elections Professional, the highest achievement for an elections official for the State of Florida. These eleven received recognition during the association’s summer conference.
The Master Florida Certified Elections Professionals Program designation is only achieved by individuals who successfully complete three levels of a multi-year study of core courses conducted by the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections and the Florida Institute of Government. The courses, which are taught by professionals in the field, range from elections planning, voter registration, ethics, and elections laws.
The following elections administrators are the first graduates of this program:
- Chris Chambless, Clay County Supervisor of Elections
- Vicki Davis, Martin County Supervisor of Elections
- Debbie Dent, Martin County Staff
- Jennifer Edwards, Collier County Supervisor of Elections
- Sharon Harrington, Lee County Supervisor of Elections
- Ryan Messer, Walton County Staff
- LaJuana Rinker, Walton County Staff
- Paul Stamoulis, Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections
- Kimberlee Weeks, Flagler County Supervisor of Elections
- Eric West, Collier County Staff
- Wesley Wilcox, Marion County Supervisor of Elections
“It is good to know that Florida’s election officials make continuing education a top priority,” said Lori Edwards, FSASE President.
The FCEP program, organized by Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections and the Florida Institute of Government, provides Florida elections officials and their staff the opportunity to receive additional election education on topics such as voter registration, media relations and election workers, to name a few.
The FCEP mission is to provide and support continuing education and certification programs that encourage the highest level of professionalism.